There are several goat grazing events in Wisconsin in the next few weeks.
Virtual Fencing Workshop
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 10-11 a.m.
- Location: Pioneer Park in Prairie Farm, Wis.
- Fee: $2/person
- Hosted by: The Munch Bunch and Traditional and Green Skills Workshop
- For more information/register: Visit the Facebook Event
Rotational grazing requires lots of fences! We will be demonstrating a fenceless grazing solution that eliminates the need for physical fences and enables farmers to flexibly manage their pastures and herds from their smartphones. Moving your herd to a new paddock can be done from your sofa! This will truly blow your mind and open up endless new opportunities to manage your herd in a way that mimics natural grazing.
Low Input Pastured Meat Goat Production
- Date: Saturday, May 28, 12-4 p.m.
- Location: 1dr Acres Farm, 5686 Griffiths Rd., Dodgeville, WI 53533
- Hosted by: Wisconsin Meat Goat Association, Junior Wisconsin Meat Goat Association, Michael Fields Ag Institute, Uplands Watershed Group, Compeer Financial, The Savanna Institute, and River Alliance of Wisconsin
- More info/RSVP info: Facebook event page