As a thank you to my raising goats community – my email subscribers with grazingwithleslie.com, I recently answered questions with a bonus Ask Me Anything session.
I cover a wide range of questions, including these topics:
- Wholesale to restaurants and pricing
- Managing for parasites on pasture
- Getting started with goats and assessing need locally
- How long did it take to start selling a good amount of meat? Raising wieners.
- Breeding approaches with bucks (how many needed, line breeding?)
- What impact did moving to shipping do for your business?
- How do you manage working with veterinarians when many have limited experience with goats
- What’s more profitable: Cuts of meat, live market animals or breeding stock
- Do you do mentorships
I also discuss my online course the Goat Meat Marketing Academy, a four-week online course focused on marketing goat meat. You can learn more about that course here, enrollment is in February.
If you’d like to join my email list, sign up below. I send weekly emails with update from my blog and other information related to raising, grazing and marketing meat goats. You’ll also know when I have my next Ask Me Anything Q&A session too!